Spicy Quinoa and Pistachio Salad
1 cup quinoa
1/2 lb green beans, trimmed
1/2 lb sugar snap peas, trimmed
3 tbsp Koops’ Spicy Brown Mustard
3 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp honey
1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
2 tbsp minced shallot
2 cups arugula
1/3 cup dried cranberries
1/3 cup toasted pistachios, chopped
- Prepare quinoa according to package directions.
- In saucepan of boiling salted water, cook green beans for 2 to 3 minutes or until tender-crisp. Stir in sugar snap peas; cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until beans and peas are just tender. Drain well.
- Whisk together mustard, lemon juice, honey, salt and pepper until blended; slowly whisk in olive oil until blended. Stir in basil and shallot.
- Toss together quinoa and dressing; stir in beans, peas, arugula and cranberries. Transfer to serving dish. Sprinkle with pistachios. Served warm or cold.
- For added protein, add lentils and/or chickpeas.
- For a tangy twist, sprinkle crumbled feta cheese and lemon zest over salad.
Healthy and delicious, this light and flavorful salad makes a welcoming summer side dish for barbecues or picnics.