Stuffed Salmon with Crab and Mustard Crumbs
1/2 cup panko crumbs
6 oz crab meat
1/3 cup Koops’ Horseradish Mustard, divided
1/4 cup butter, melted and divided
2 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
2 tbsp finely chopped fresh chives
1 tsp each salt and pepper, divided
4 skin-on salmon fillets (about 5 oz each)
- Preheat oven to 400˚F. Heat skillet set over medium heat; cook panko crumbs, swirling pan occasionally, for 3 to 5 minutes or until golden brown and toasted. Let cool completely.
- Mix together panko crumbs, crab meat, 3 tbsp mustard, 3 tbsp butter, lemon juice, parsley, chives and 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper; set aside.
- Using sharp, thin knife, starting at thinner edge, slice salmon horizontally without cutting all the way through, opening up like a book into 1 large piece.
- Spread crab and mustard mixture over one side of each butterflied salmon fillet; fold over remaining side of salmon fillet to enclose filling. Place on parchment paper–lined baking sheet, skin side down.
- Stir together remaining mustard and melted butter; brush over top of salmon. Season with remaining salt and pepper.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until salmon flakes when tested with fork.
Pro Tip: Lump, flaked or canned crab meat all work well in this recipe.
This showstopping stuffed salmon makes a festive main dish for the holidays.