Sweet Potato Noodles with Mustard Pesto Shrimp
1/2 cup packed fresh basil
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tbsp toasted pine nuts
1 clove garlic
1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
2 tbsp Koops Organic Stone Ground Mustard
Sweet Potato Noodles with Shrimp:
2 tbsp olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 lb large peeled deveined shrimp, tails removed
1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
2 lb sweet potatoes, peeled and spiralized (about 8 cups)
2 tbsp lemon juice
2 tsp lemon zest
1/3 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- Mustard Pesto: In small food processer or blender, purée basil, oil, pine nuts, garlic, salt and pepper until coarsely ground. Stir in mustard; set aside.
- Sweet Potato Noodles with Shrimp: In large skillet, heat oil over medium heat; cook garlic for 30 to 60 seconds or until fragrant. Stir in shrimp, salt and pepper. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until shrimp are just cooked through. Transfer to plate.
- Add spiralized sweet potatoes to skillet; cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until slightly softened. Stir in Mustard Pesto; cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until sweet potatoes are tender and well coated. Add shrimp and lemon juice; toss well.
- Transfer noodles and shrimp to serving platter. Garnish with lemon zest and Parmesan cheese.
- Substitute walnuts or hazelnuts for pine nuts if desired.
- For faster preparation, use store-bought spiralized vegetable noodles.
With gluten-free sweet potatoes and zesty mustard-basil pesto, this spiralized veggie and shrimp dish makes a nutritious dinner that the whole family will love. (Serves: 4)